Blocked drains are one of the most common household problems experienced by homeowners across Melbourne and beyond.
Common Causes of Blocked Drains
- Invasive tree roots can penetrate external and underground drains
- Fat or oils poured down the drains that have hardened because of lower temperatures
- Dislodged pipes that get clogged by rubbish and dirt
- Flushed items that don’t break down in water, such as baby wipes
- Improper installation causing the drains to lie flat and not have enough fall to ensure proper drainage
Signs that your drains are blocked?
- The water in your toilet rises after you flush and slowly drains
- Water in your shower or sinks drain slower than usual
- There is a strange odour coming out of your pipes
- You hear gurgling or bubbling noise in your plumbing
- You notice dampness around your floors or walls
Unresolved Issues / potentially undetected damage
Pipe Dream Plumbing & Drainage has the latest tech in high-pressure water jets and CCTV cameras to clear your blockage and detect any serious drainage issue such as broken, cracked or misaligned drains and attend to repair and relining your drains.
It is important to maintain and pay attention to your home’s drainage systems, as serious drainage issues can cause movement and heaving and ultimately affect the structural integrity of your home.
Preventing Future Blockages
After successfully clearing the blockage, you will be eager to avoid a repeat situation. Prevention is the best form of protection, which is why providing CCTV Camera Drain Inspections as standard practice when attending to any blockage at your home.